Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Something like love.

When we are laying in bed

and we’ve adjusted to the dark,

enough so that I can see the moon reflecting in your eyes

and nothing more,

that is when I feel closest to you.

I am most honest in that moment.

I open up my heart to you

when you cannot see my face turning red,

my lips trembling,

my teeth starting to chatter.

And I like that you know what to do,

even if you do not know what to say.

Or more often,

if you know what I want to hear but will not say it.

You care enough to keep lies out of this moment.

I can appreciate that.

Still, you know what to do.

We pretend for a little while.

We make believe this could be real.

When you pull me close

and search for my lips in the dark,

when you are hungry for my kiss,

I finally feel something like love.

No comments:

Post a Comment